Opening of the all-Russian Contest will be held in the museum
9 June 2014
Press Office of the Amber Museum
Opening of the Second All-Russian Contest of Jewellery Art takes place in the Kaliningrad Amber Museum on 20 June at 18.00. The contest includes exhibition of the contest works, seminar “Integration of jewellery with contemporary art and design. Challenges and advantages”, educational programme by leading experts and specialists in the sphere of jewellery art for students of specialized educational institutions and young artists, publication of the catalogue. Jewellery artists from Kaliningrad, Kazan, , Kostroma, Makhachkala, Moscow, Nizhniy Tagil, Rostov-on-Don, Saint Petersburg, Samara, Togliatti, Yaroslavl, Yekaterinburg took part in this massive event. They were offered to submit for the judgment of jury jewellery, household items, objects of religious cult, arms made of precious and base metals in combination with precious and ornamental stones including amber, pearl, corals, mother-of-pearl, bone and other materials
Curators of the competitions are leading specialists of cultural and educational institutions of the participating cities including Nizhniy Tagil and Rostov State Museums of Fine Arts, State Museum of Fine Arts of Tatarstan Republic, Krasnoe Selo School for Artistic Metalwork – branch of the Moscow State S.Stroganov Academy of Industrial and Applied Arts, "Sharonovs' School" of the Togliatti State University, Saint Petersburg State University of Technology and Design. According to the terms of the contest, they can present up to three works (sets) of one author created in 2013–2014 in each category. From five to fifteen artists are allowed to participate from each region.
The project that first started in 2012, appeared to be successful arousing interest of specialists in the sphere of jewellery art. In addition to that, it allowed to recognize a rather holistic picture of tendencies in the Russian jewellery sphere, to educe the topical and pressing issues. Plans include exposing the contest exhibition in Russian regions during 2014–2015, that will let demonstrate accomplishments of Russian authors to a big number of viewers, it will contribute to the strengthening of the existing professional contacts with the artistic society, as well as establishing of the new partner connections between museums and other cultural institutions of our country.
Project aims to create united all-Russian information space for jewellers and specialists of this field.
Objectives of the project:
- development of designer jewellery art in Russia based on strengthening intercultural communications with the artistic centers of the country, participation in common projects;
- Creation of conditions on the territory of Kaliningrad oblast for demonstration of accomplishments of the Russian jewellery art and improvement of professional skills of Kaliningrad artists;
- contribution to the event tourism in participating cities of the contest including Kaliningrad oblast;
- organization of demonstration of the contest exhibition in Russian regions.
- "Skill in creation of artistic image";
- "Skill of execution";
- "From flame and light..." – special category dedicated to the 200th anniversary of M.Lermontov;
- "The Spirit of Fire" – special category dedicated to the Olympic Winter Games in Sochi.
Skills of authors in each category will be considered by the jury consisting of teachers and leading specialists of Research Institute of Theory and History of Fine Arts of the Russian Academy of Arts, Kostroma State Technological University, Wladyslaw Strzeminski Academy of Arts in Lodz (Poland), school "BJO Formation" (France, Kaliningrad Regional Amber Museum.
The Second Contest of Jewellery Art is conducted in the Olympic year, Year of Culture in Russia, prior to the other massive event – First International Amber Forum "AMBER WORLD", which will be held soon in Kaliningrad, – and it gives the contest even more significance and prestige.
Kaliningrad Regional Amber Museum expresses gratitude for the support to the contest sponsors:
- State Unitary Enterprise "Kaliningrad Amber Combine";
- Kaliningrad branch of the All-Russian creative public organization "Union of Russian Artists";
- Kaliningrad regional branch of the Creative Union of Russian Artists;
- Emelyanov and Sons Amber-Redwood Manufactory;
- Commercial manufacturing enterprise "Alk";
- hotel "House of the Story Teller";
- LLC "Konigsland";
- LLC "Bezkai";
- travel agency "Yunona";
- travel agency "Amber Mosaic";
- restaurant "Reduit";
- Agricultural productive cooperative "Flor" and flower shops chain "Rosa";
- Kaliningrad Regional Public Organization of Entrepreneurs "Amber Union";
- PE M.Simukov;
- PE S.Shishov;
- PE A.Trusov.
The news is related to the annual project or biennial
Other news related to this news
- 17 July 2014: В Музее янтаря организована выставка студенческих плакатов
- 23 June 2014: Academic seminar was held in the Amber Museum
- 23 June 2014: Results of the Second All-Russian Contest of Jewellery Art
- 23 June 2014: Workshops and lectures for students took place in Kaliningrad
- 23 June 2014: Awarding ceremony took place in the museum