Delegation from the German Amber Museum
21 March 2017
Press Office of the Amber Museum
A new director of the museum Henning Schröder got acquainted with the Kaliningrad Amber Museum exposition, as well as attended the historical building of the Amber Manufactory and the Amber Combine. Daughter of Werner Lux, amber craftsman that worked at the Königsberg Amber Manufactory in the 1930s, also arrived on the delegation.
Collaboration plans of the museums, exhibition exchange and publishing of the joint catalog of works of the State Amber Manufactory (SBM) in Köningsberg were discussed within the visit.
The German Amber Museum has existed since 1963 and owns the largest collection of SBM works, which was located in the amber museum in the building of the Amber Manufactory before the Second World War. In 2013, the building was given to the Kaliningrad Amber Museum to create a new exhibition complex, one of rooms of which will be dedicated to the history of the famous enterprise that existed from 1926 to 1945.
The German Amber Museum in Ribniz-Damgarten has been cooperating with the Kaliningrad Amber Museum in various projects, the International Biennial of Amber Artworks "Alatyr" is among them. In 2015, a catalog of amber works made by Hermann Brachert was published in association with the German Amber Museum.