"Russian Silver Artworks from the 16th – early 20th centuries"
Collection of Russian silver artworks from the 16th – early 20th centuries from the museums of Arkhangelsk.
Most part of the exposition is ecclesiastical items: embossed icon frames and their fragments – venets ( an applied halo on an oklad) and tsats (crescent-shaped pectoral decorations), as well as church plate – chalices, ostensoria, and lampions. There is also a not less valuable collection of household items from the 19th – early 20th centuries, that decorated home interiors: a writing set, candle-sticks, small vases, salt cellars, candy dishes, napkin rings. A collection of jewellery and accessories is an interesting addition to the exhibition.
News related to this event
- 16 December 2019: The exhibition of Russian silver artworks has opened
- 13 December 2019: Exhibition "Russian Silver Artworks from the 16th – early 20th centuries"
Working time calendar of this event
- 33 – working day of the event or exhibition;
- 33 – today;
- 33 – museum is closed for visitors;
- 33 – museum is open for visitors.