International Scientific and Parctical Conference "Restoration and Conservation of Amber"
International Scientific and Practical Conference
"Restoration and Conservation of Amber"
25 June 2015, Kaliningrad, Russia
Organizers: Мinistry of Culture of Kaliningrad region, Kaliningrad Regional Amber Museum.
Тhemes for consideration:
- Conditions of storage and exhibiting of amber pieces and artworks.
- Conservation of archeological amber objects.
- Restoration and conservation of old amber works (16–18 centuries).
- Exhibiting, storage and conservation of amber samples with inclusions.
- Creation of reconstructions and copies as the way of prolongation of life of amber items.
Within the framework of the conference it is planned to conduct:
1. Excursions to the Kaliningrad museums and to the museum of the Amber Combine to familiarize with the conditions of storage of amber objects.
Official languages of the conference: Russian and English.
Conference Organizing Committee:
Tatiana Suvorova, director of the Kaliningrad Regional Amber Museum, art expert, member of the Artists' Union of Russia, Honoured worker of culture of Russia, Kaliningrad.
Barbara Kosmowska-Ceranowicz, Dr, Prof., leading research fellow of the Museum of the Earth of Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, member of the Polish Geological Society, one of the founders of the working party of Organic Minerals of the International Geological Society, one of the founders and member of the Polish Gemological Society, International Amber Association and World Amber Council in Gdansk (Poland).
Wieslaw Gierlowski, art expert, chairmen of the first convention of the World Amber Council, honoured member of the International Amber Association, Gdansk (Poland).
Alexandr Krylov, amber restorer artist of the highest category, member of the Artists' Union of Russia, manager of practical work on the Amber Room recreation in 1979 – 2003, member of the World Amber Council in Gdansk (Poland).
Andranik Manukyan, candidate if biological sciences, senior research fellow of the Kaliningrad Regional Amber Museum, member of the Russian Entomological Society.
Zoya Kostyashova, leading research fellow of the Kaliningrad Regional Amber Museum, member of the International Amber Association, member of the World Amber Council in Gdansk (Poland), conference curator.
- until 1 April 2015 – submitting applications for the conference and reports
- until 15 May 2015 – mailing of invitations and conference program
To participate in the conference you should send and application form to the Organizing Committee by e-mail.
Related eventsShow working time calendar
Working time calendar of this event
- 33 – working day of the event or exhibition;
- 33 – today;
- 33 – museum is closed for visitors;
- 33 – museum is open for visitors.